Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Helping a stranger

How many times have you driven by someone that looks like they need help?

I stopped today. I know that Lucy appreciated me stopping

She had just picked up her car from the shop where the alternator had been fixed.

Not exactly sure what had happened but when I stopped her son had taken their other car (they were following each other), she didn't have a cell phone and she was just hanging out on the side of the road.
At the end of the day, we waited for a tow truck for a little over 90 minutes AAA was a little backed up.

Both her husband and Lucy called me later to say thank you.

Would you wait 90 minutes with someone? Would you call AAA for them? I'm glad I did.

She was so sweet. From the Bronx. Works as a housekeeper at the dolphin swan Disney hotel. Husband sells time shares. She was driving a ten year old Hyundai with the antenna literally taped to the car and part of the rear brake light glass broken. Her oldest son is 18 and has dropped out of school. His girlfriend was flying in tonight from New York. She's pregnant and due in the spring. Bless her heart the last thing she needed was to pay to have her car towed.

No comments:

Post a Comment