Wednesday, December 15, 2010




Despite the hard work and problems with having a hotel with no general manager, Rod and I have found time to get in some of my favorite Christmas Houston sites.

Galleria and Highland Village top the list.

Mom started a great tradition for all of her granddaughters when they were each born. Every year from age one to age eight, she would buy them a Christmas charm from James Avery. When they turned 8, she would have them put on a bracelet. I continue the tradition for the little girls. Emily got her bracelet last year. Josie and Lindsey are left to buy for. This year, I got them different charms. I keep up Mom's list that shows what she has bought for more than the last decade for the girls.
(this pic is just pulled from google images but shows how cute a Christmas charm bracelet from James Avery can be!) Maybe one day, I'll do one for myself!
When Rod and I went to James Avery, there was a line out the door. He didn't believe it but there really was. Such a fun tradition to shop there.

2 comments:

  1. That tree is just spectacular! And what a sweet aunt you are, to carry on such a lovely tradition! I bet your Mom loves that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love James Avery. Novalie wears my old dangle rings now.

    ReplyDelete